We propose that in 2020 DDNA commence the delivery of a netball development program to be made accessible to any playing member of the association. The program is to be open to those aged U11 to U17. The purpose of the program is to provide players with the opportunity to gain an extra hour of coaching each week. The sessions will be focussed on helping players reach their full potential in a friendly, non-competitive environment. This program will take the place of the existing Representative Development Program. This new approach moves away from the current model and provides for a more inclusive, development-based program. There will be no association to the rep program.
Features, strategy, tactics
- Strength and Conditioning
- Delivered by experienced, knowledgeable coaches
- Social aspects – making new friends from other clubs • Individual empowerment – players feeling for confident
- Keeping fit and healthy
- Delivery based on criteria that are assessed at trials (catering for those who want to progress)
- Not linked to the rep program or any other program – purely development based
- Accessible by all players (ages and ability) at DDNA
– Flow on of increasing strength of rep program
– Increasing Saturday participation
- Delivered during school terms (approx. 4 x 10 week blocks)
- Monday nights at the DDNA outdoor courts
- From 4pm onwards (1 hour per group. Number of groups based on number of participants)
- Nardelli Coaching to deliver the program on behalf of DDNA
- Nardelli Coaching to provide all equipment required to deliver program
- DDNA to administer program
- DDNA to provide the court/s
- DDNA and Nardelli Coaching to advertise program
About – Nardelli Coaching
“To empower every young person to be their healthy best.”
Nardelli Coaching was formed in 2013. Lauren has a netball and athletics background while Rob has worked in the health and fitness industry for 17 years. We share a passion for working with young people and knew that through combining our knowledge and experience, we could start something special. It was humble beginnings, coaching one group of 14 girls through some netball skills and fitness programs. Today, we coach around 350 young people each week through our various programs…and we are loving every minute of it! Through our programs, we get to engage with athletes of all ages and abilities. We work with individuals, clubs, associations, schools and sporting bodies to deliver programs centred about developing athletes and coaches on and off the court.
Lauren has represented Victoria in netball at a national level and umpired netball at a national level. She has been coaching players aged 3 upwards for over 10 years. Through her experience and knowledge, she provides a comprehensive level of mentoring that is rare in the sport. Her high-level experience in each facet of the game means that those players she coaches are very well rounded, complete players. Lauren’s experience having also competed at a national level in athletics has helped form her coaching approach. Each netball player is seen as an athlete first. Through this approach, players will grasp and perform more advanced skills. The underpinning focus of all her programs is in developing the complete athlete.
- Head Coach – Boroondara Express Division 1 VNL (2020)
- Head Coach – Hawks U19 VNL (2019)
- Talent Identification Scout – Netball Victoria
- Coach – Netball Victoria Talent Academy (Central West)
- Assistant Coach – U12 Victorian Netball Team (2017-present)
- Selector – U12 and U15 Victorian State Teams (2016-present)
- Head Coach – Chisholm Region (2018-present)
- Head Coach – Forest Hill College and Box Hill Senior Secondary College Specialist Netball Programs •
- Head Coach / Selector – multiple Representative Associations/Clubs
- ‘A’ Badged Umpire
- 2017 Community Coach of the Year Winner – School Sport Victoria Awards
Rob has been treating and training the general public as well as professional athletes for 15 years. He has experience working with many elite level, professional athletes including footballers, rugby players and dancers. Rob has also trained many high-level amateur athletes including rowers, martial artists, power lifters, basketballers and netballers. Rob has spent the last 7 years focussing his attention on junior athletes who are aspiring to make it as far as possible in their chosen sport. Rob’s training as a Myotherapist has a strong influence over all programs implemented at Nardelli Coaching. An essential part of developing the athlete is to give high priority to the prevention of injury and enable longevity within sport. Rob has also competed at a state level in basketball and martial arts.
- Qualifications include
- Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Sports Trainer
- Netball Coach
- Personal Trainer
- Head Strength and Conditioning Coach
- o U19 Victorian State Team
- U17 Victorian State Team
- U12 Victorian State Team
- Netball Victoria Talent Academy Program (every region) •
- Head Masseur – Victoria Fury ANL Team (2018-present)
- Sports Trainer – 2018 U16 Australian Netball Team (gold medallists)
- Multiple time Selector – U12 and U15 Victorian State Teams
- Head Coach / Selector / S&C Coach – multiple Representative Associations/Clubs
- Head S&C Coach and Assistant Netball Coach – Forest Hill College and Box Hill Senior Secondary
Nardelli Coaching Programs
Our programs are designed to be dynamic and progressive. They are tailored to the participants age and ability and provide for maximum development and engagement. A key element of our programs is that they are self-paced. Every individual works to their comfortable limit along-side others who may be training towards different goals and outcomes.
Each of our programs cater for those who are striving to develop to their full potential and progress through the pathway while also providing for those who just love the game and wish to immerse themselves in everything netball. We are very proud that our programs enable us to help those who have picked up a ball for the first time right through to State and National level players.
All sessions incorporate both skills and netball related fitness. The skills components are structured around teaching fundamentals using easy-to-grasp and enjoyable methods. In time, participants are progressed through to more advanced skills, strategies and tactics. The fitness aspects of our programs are formed around building a strong foundation; injury prevention is the main focus. Once participants grasp various movement patterns and show competency in the fundamentals, we start to incorporate more focus on performance enhancement.
We pride ourselves on delivering programs that are at the forefront of our field. We continually engage in professional development and are actively involved in study groups and mentoring programs. We are confident that we provide comprehensive programs based on science and which are in-line with the guidelines of our sporting bodies.