Every year, Doncaster & Districts Netball Association provides all members of the Association with the opportunity to try out for a position in one of the Association’s Representative Squads.
Representative squads are made up of the best and most talented players from any club or team within the Association.
These players are selected to represent the Association in competitions and tournaments throughout the year. We currently have 16 Representative Teams competing in 11/U through to Open age groups.
2021 DDNA Representative Netball Team Selections
With our junior trials and selections completed it’s now time for our Open Age group athletes. Selection trials will be held on Sunday 24 and 31 of January 2021, at the Templestowe Leisure Centre complex, Corner Foote & Anderson Streets, Templestowe. All procedures will be subject to the State Government health regulations.
- Registrations must be completed online.
- At the time of trials, players do not need to be a registered member of a DDNA Club.
- Please check social media for updates.
- For further information, please contact the Senior Rep Director (17/U & Opens) email@example.com
Day of Trials
The DDNA Rep Team Trials Selection criteria for 2021 may differ slightly from previous years, in that independent selectors may not be used. Rather, the Junior and Senior Head coaches with the current appointed coaches will be involved in selecting players and teams. This process will be determined closer to the trial dates.
As per the Guidelines, players will be notified of team selection via email.
Acceptance of offer
Offers are made via email by the and Senior DDNA Rep Director. Playing in the DDNA Domestic Competition is not a requirement for the U17 and Open Rep Players.
Training and Competition
- Our 11/U Teams train every Monday night and play in approximately 8 tournaments throughout the year. These tournaments are held on a Sunday at various locations, e.g. Springvale, Waverley, Dandenong and Doncaster.
- Our 13/U and 15/U Teams train every Monday night and play Thursday nights at Waverley. There are two seasons per year. In addition, these teams will participate in around 4-5 tournaments throughout the year, which are held on a Sunday.
- Our 17/U and Open Teams train every Sunday (late afternoon/early evening) and play Tuesday nights at the State Netball Centre in Parkville. There are two seasons per year. In addition, these teams may participate in a couple of tournaments throughout the year, which are held on a Sunday.
- We also have a Mens and Mixed team representing DDNA at the Victorian Men’s Netball League’s M-League competition on Wednesday nights at the State Netball Centre in Parkville.
Fixtures and Ladders
To be eligible to trial for the Junior Development Squad, 11/U Tournament Squad, 13/U, 15/U squads, all players must play with the Doncaster & Districts Netball Association on Saturdays, be a financial club member and hold current netball Victoria membership.
Any player may trial for the 17/U team and Open age team, however they must be currently registered Netball Victoria members.